The members of the Australian Business Roundtable for Disaster Resilience and Safer Communities are the CEOs of Australian Red Cross, IAG, Investa Property Group, Munich Re, Optus and Westpac Group.
Our vision is to:
- work collaboratively with governments to effect change in public policy and increase investment aimed at building safer and more resilient communities
- actively improve the capacity of people and businesses to better withstand future natural disasters
The Roundtable members are jointly committing resources to work constructively with governments to deliver in five critical areas.
- Community education: to increase community awareness about exposure to natural hazards and how vulnerability can be reduced.
- Risk information: to identify and prioritise key risk areas.
- Adaptation research: provide research and global best practice standards to help future proof our communities
- Mitigation infrastructure: to identify cost effective mitigation strategies to save money in key risk communities and protect lives and infrastructure.
- Strategic alliances: use our business networks and relationships as platforms to advocate change.