- Our papers
- White Paper
- Open data platform: report
- Resilient infrastructure: report
- Social costs: report
Read our reports and recommendations for action.
Facts at a glance
Our four major reports summarised
Building an Open Platform for Natural Disaster Resilience Decisions
In July 2014, the Australian Business Roundtable for Disaster Resilience & Safer Communities released, 'Building an Open Platform for Natural Disaster Resilience Decisions', a report which provides an overview of natural disaster data and research in Australia.
The report extends the work of the Roundtable's previous White Paper, 'Building our Nation's Resilience to Natural Disasters', which identifies information asymmetries as inhibiting the progress of effective disaster resilience.
'Building an Open Platform for Natural Disaster Resilience Decisions':
- Identifies the strengths and weaknesses of Australia's approach to natural disaster data and research.
- Examines best-practice examples from around the world and from other Australian sectors.
- Makes three key recommendations to Government to unlock the potential of data and research to lessen the burden of natural disasters in Australia.
Released: 16 July 2014
Download full report:
Research paper (2.5 KB.pdf)
Download by section:
Joint CEO statement
Glossary and Acronyms
2. The decision-making challenge
3. Natural disaster data
4. Natural disaster research
5. Lessons from international jurisictions and other sections
Appendix A: Building our nation's resilience to natural disasters
Appendix B: International approaches to natural disaster data and research
Appendix C: Natural disaster research in Australia